Examination branch continuously monitors the evaluation processes and strives to improve on it regularly. Thefeed back mechanism and external exam audits ensures the same.
Reforms During the Period 2016-17
- From the academic year 2016 -2017 onwards, with the adoption of the CBCS pattern of curriculum as per UGC guidelines, the College initiated the 10 point scale grading system for CGPA for both UG & PG programmes
- Online Examination Registration Portal
- Student can register themselves on the portal and fill the Examination Form online during the allotted time 24x7.
- Students can download Hall tickets directly from their login from anywhere anytime.
- Incorporated ‘No dues’ verification for issue of Hall Ticket: This option enables the library, accounts and stores department to block/unblock Hall tickets.
- e - Results (Web/ Mobile app alerts)
- Results ( both regular ,supplementary and revaluation) are announced on the college website to ensure transparency and quick accessibility by parents and students.
- The published results are also directly visible in student login , parent login as well as on the mobile app.
- Generation of attendance records for examinations are automated.
- Orientation to faculty members regarding online examination processes are conducted in a systematic manner.
Reforms during the period 2017-18
- From the academic year 2017-2018 onwards, online entering of continuous internal assessment marks on ERP portal login . Thereafter marks are directly transferred to exam branch. Simultaneously, students also get to see their marks in their login.
- There is a provision for lecturers to upload question bank ,conduct online assessments on the ERP portal.
- Incorporated consideration of event attendance for checking the eligibility for writing exams.
Reforms during the period 2018-19
- Implemented generation of barcodes for answer booklet for quick and accurate processing with greater confidentiality. These answer scripts after evaluation are then decoded.
- Topper's list for proficiency and founded prizes can be generated with the help of the new developed interface every year
- Exam Seating Plan is generated online giving complete details like nominal roll ,invigilation duties , vacant room status and remuneration report
- College initiated Examination Audit by a select panel of External Examiners . Panel consists of experienced faculty from other colleges and parent university.
- Spot evaluation was initiated for one and two credit papers which helped in reducing the time for declaration of results.
Reforms during the period 2019-20
- Enhanced services like Online Re-Evaluation application and request for answer script photocopy was introduced.
- Submitted National Academic Depository data to parent University.
- Centralized Examination paper pattern for maintaining uniformity in teaching and evaluation.
- Digitization of answer scripts and onscreen evaluation of answer sheets for PG papers
- Upgrading infrastructure for printing of Marks Memorandum, Provisional certificate, Transfer certificate and bonafide certificate.
- Old answer scripts are shredded using the in-house machine and given away for recycling
- Online claim form and award list was enabled to reduce paper usage.
- Exam grievance committee was constituted with former controllers and senior faculty members. This committee meet every month and discuss the grievances of students.
- Academic credential verification for WES (World Education Services) is done online by the Controller of Examinations
- Facilitation of instant re exams for students who have missed their CIA (Continuous Internal Assessment) is done by the exam branch
- Degree Certificate with enhanced security features with 10 advanced security features like unique registration ID, water mark college logo , static bar code etc.
Reforms during the period 2020-21
- Promotion of all the students as per UGC guidelines for the pandemic period was handled through the portal.
- Complete automation of PG Diploma courses which includes different grade scale, pass percentages, marks entry and printing the certificates
- Implementation of new pass percentage criteria with effect from 2020 and new semester grade sheets.
- Interface and configuration to handle the pass percentage criteria for students with disabilities like Hearing Impairment, Speech Impairment and Visually Challenged was developed as per the university norms.
- Interface to manage flexible attendance eligibility criteria for all students to appear for the examination.
- Generation of QR code for encoding the answer scripts for digital evaluation.
- Digitization of answer scripts and on-screen evaluation of answer sheets for UG courses.
- Registration of College on NAD digital locker
- Backup of digital answer scripts is maintained in Google Classroom and on cloud storage for ease of access
- Developed an interface to track the slow learners who have not performed well in Internal Assessments
- Generation of Semester Marks Memo, Yearly Marks Memo and Consolidated marks memo for the previous passed out batches for re-issue of Certificates.