INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The college Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established on 2006 since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To enhance the quality of Higher education for the betterment of society and Nation
- To improve the quality of teaching learning process and pursue research
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and best practices for
- To adopt best teaching, learning practices and transparent evaluation systems
- Ensuring the timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- To promote quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- To introduce industry integrated skill oriented programmes
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad .
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- Ensure the heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture and adopting best practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
- Preparation and online Submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to the NAAC every year
- Conduct of department wise academic audit for the previous academic year by inviting external academic auditors
- Eliciting the Action Taken Report (ATR) from the departments for the External Academic Audit report conducted for the previous academic year
- Conducting Green Audit using indigenously designed questionnaire
- Conducting NAAC sponsored National Seminars once in two years
- Conducting Staff Development Programmes periodically on different facets of higher education
- Conducting Staff Development Programmes for the newly recruited teaching staff on the NAAC assessment
- Conducting Staff Development Programmes for non-teaching staff/ administrative staff on various aspects of governance / e-governance
- Conducting Sensitization Programmes for Research Scholars on plagiarism
- Deputing Co-ordinator, IQAC / Faculty members to attend NAAC Sponsored National/ Regional Seminars/ Workshops